We are a Member Group of Cycling UK and most of our activities are run for Cycling UK members. We welcome guests who can ride with us a few times before deciding if we’re the club for them, we can then arrange a free no obligation three month trial membership which will include many of the benefits of full membership.
Cycling UK membership has many benefits, including six issues a year of Cycle magazine, third party insurance and legal helpline, as well as various discounts and being able to ride with any of the nationwide Member Groups.
Full membership costs £45 a year or £3.75 a month with other rates for seniors, households, students and unwaged.
CTC Derby and Burton Club Clothing
You may have seen club members in the bright yellow and blue club clothing, this is ordered periodically, with the next order due to be placed in September 2018 – details here nearer the time.
Our Best All Rounder competition has been running for many years with a trophy and small prize presented annually.
We are at heart a non-competitive cycling club and the events that make up this competition are more about fun and participation than winners.
The events and other activities that make up the BAR are decided each year at the AGM, some are regular features others less so or unique. The BAR Competition is decided on a points scoring basis.
Events in the 2019 Competition are:
Awheel magazine contribution – open all year
Photo competition – Completed
Rough Stuff Ride – Date TBC
Night Ride – 6/7 July
Standard Rides – 14 July
Moira Audaxes (200km and 100km rides) – 1 Sept
Hill Climb and Freewheel competition – 6 October
The winner of the 2017/18 competition was Glen Corcoran. A thoroughly deserved award, Glen does not miss many of the rides. 2nd was Darron Nicholls and 3rd Ian Hill. The award was made at the Sunday Christmas lunch at The Hilton House Hotel.
In conjunction with Mercia CC we produce a quarterly magazine, full of news, ride reports, touring tales, maybe a joke or two, reviews and photos. Subscriptions are £6 a year or £1.50 an issue including postage. Please contact us if you’d like to subscribe or advertise or have something included.
The committee members of CTC Derby and Burton would be pleased to hear from anyone who has any comments or suggestions regarding our club. They meet quarterly, but most issues can be dealt with between meetings. If you have a general query and are not sure who to address it to please use the email link below
The committee is made up of ten members, currently six officers and four from the membership, all are elected for a term of 12 months at the AGM. Committee elected at the Nov 2018 AGM.
- Ian Hill – Secretary – [email protected]
- Neil Platts – Chairman and Registration Officer – [email protected] Tel 01283 530974
- Margaret Phillips –Treasurer – please use the email link below
- Terry Williams – Right to Ride Representative – please use the email link below
- Colin Harrison– Welfare Officer – please use the email link below
- Paul Hilditch –Promotions – [email protected]
- Susan Rogers – [email protected]
- Sara Parr – please use the email link below
- Caroline Fleming – please use the email link below
- Andy Leach – please use the email link below
2018 PHOTO COMPETITION
Entries now open for this year’s photo competition. Please email your digital submissions to [email protected] by Sunday 25th Nov, or email to arrange printed entries.
The rules are the same as in the last few years:
- Photos should have been taken while out cycling and can be of any subject OR of any cycling subject whether or not you were out cycling at the time.
- Submit up to three photos, either printed or digital, or both.
- The photos will be displayed on a website and at as many of our events as possible
- Photos can have been taken at any time, though not if they’ve been entered before
- A reasonable amount of editing is permitted
- The winners will be decided by a simple vote
- Open to all Cycling UK members
CTC Derby and Burton Christmas Meal 2018
This year’s Christmas meal is at the Hilton House Hotel, Hilton, DE65 5GP and is on Sunday 2nd December.
The meal starts at 1pm, with the groups riding from Derby and Burton aiming to arrive at 12:30pm.
Cost is £19 per person, options for payment are:
- Cash or Cheque to ‘CTC Derby and Burton’ to be given to Margaret Phillips (treasurer) or any member of the committee
- Bank transfer – email [email protected] for the details if you don’t have them
Please can you pay and make meal choices from the menu below by 16th November. Gluten free options are available – if you require that or have any dietary preferences please let me know.
Leek & Potato Soup
Melon with Fruits and Mango Coulis
Breaded Brie served with Cranberry
Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding
Roast Pork with Stuffing
Roast Turkey with Stuffing
Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto
Bakewell Tart with Custard
Chocolate Fudge Cake
Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce
Tea/Coffee & Mince Pies to finish (you don’t have to choose these!)