Couch to Coast 2018
Challenge yourself to complete the classic Derby to Skegness cycle ride, with the support of CTC Derby and Burton.
We are providing a supported programme of rides taking new cyclists from those first pedal strokes to achieving the fantastic goal of cycling the classic 100 mile Derby to Skegness route.
Rides will commence in April, starting at about 10 miles in length and building up over the summer, culminating in the challenge ride to Skegness on 8th September
- Open to all Cycling UK members and none members who haven’t ridden this with us before
- Train on quiet local lanes
- Support and encouragement every inch of the way
- Friendly, experienced CTC cyclists to help and advise you
- Quiet cycle-friendly route to Skegness
- Cost – £20 including transport back to Derby for you and your bike, £5 for those not requiring the transport back. Payment/booking not required to participate in the build up rides, you’re welcome to do a few of these before deciding.
|8th April||COMPLETED||Elvaston Castle Courtyard (Outside Wyatt’s Tea Rooms) Postcode : DE72 3EP
Organiser Ian Dent
|29th April||COMPLETED||Woodlands Car Park, Allestree ParkPostcode : DE22 2HH
Organiser Phil Lindsey
|13th May||COMPLETED||World Peace Café, Ashe Hall Postcode : DE65 6HT30
Organiser Richard Evans
|24th June||Meet in cafe from 9:00 Departure 9:30||Willow Tree Tea Rooms, Mercia Marina Postcode : DE65 6DW
Organiser Margaret Phillips
|29th July||Departure 09:30||Elvaston Castle Courtyard (Outside Wyatt’s Tea Rooms) Postcode : DE72 3EP
Organisers Diane & Richard Peart
|12th Aug||Departure 09:30||Willow Tree Tea Rooms, Mercia Marina Postcode : DE65 6DW
Organiser Paul Hilditch
|26th Aug||Departure 08.30||Willow Tree Tea Rooms, Mercia Marina Postcode : DE65 6DW
Organiser Ian Hill
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL EVENT:
|2nd September||Bosworth Battlefield SightseerStarting from Moira, this is a touring ride organised by the club for Audax UK. It is not guided but a routesheet is provided. A small entry fee applies for this event||100 km
Parking is available at or near most of the start locations if needed. In some cases parking charges apply.
Further details of the rides will be updated nearer to the ride dates on the website Rides page and / or on Facebook.